Everyone is Irish on St. Patricks Day, but for me, it’s all Ireland all the time. Here’s a look into the places I hold near and dear to my heart and would suggest you add to your must see and do lists when visiting the Emerald Isle!
1. Spend an afternoon touring The Blarney Castle and Gardens
2. Drive the winding roads of Connemara National Park
3. Explore the hidden gardens of Killarney
4. Dangle your feet on the edge of the Cliffs of Moher
5. Stroll the streets of Sligo
6. Explore the ruins of the Rock of Cashel
7. Find the hidden pubs of Galway
8. Get lost in Tipperary
9. Have afternoon tea at the Muckross House
10. Have a pint (or seven) in Dublin city centre
But if there is only one thing you do, I hope you make new friends.
The kind of friends that make you laugh until your sides hurt. The kind of friends you stay up way past your bed time with. The kind of friends that you lose track of time with.
These are the memories you will treasure the most, because they are worth their weight in gold.
Wherever I roam, it’s Ireland my heart calls home.
If there is only one thing you remember, it’s that the people make the places and you will forever hold them in your heart.